ARCHIVED - NO LONGER ISSUED!
Note: This badge offering has been retired and hence no new badges will be issued based on this offering. We recommend you to explore the below listed self paced online courses on IBM developerWorks as potential substitutes for this offering, depending on your skills requirement.
What holding this badge represents?
This badge is an IBM issued and IBM recognized badge that attests the following skills have been obtained by the holder:
- An understanding of the IBM Bluemix platform in the cloud computing paradigm
- Understanding of the high level architecture of IBM Bluemix
- Understanding of boilerplates, services and runtimes supported on IBM Bluemix
- Ability to develop and deploy simple applications using Bluemix services on the Bluemix platform
- Basic awareness on how IBM Bluemix platform can be leveraged for varied use cases
How this badge is earned?
This badge is earned after having successfully completed the IBM Bluemix Fundamentals workshop. This workshop has a combination of theory and hands on lab exercises.
to view the content/agenda for this workshop
We will update this space with additional learning activities on IBM Bluemix as and when we make them available.
Please click here to know more about the IBM Open Badge Program.
IBM Bluemix Fundamentals Workshop - Agenda
A valid and active Bluemix account is a pre-requisite to attending this workshop. Please contact your workshop coordinator in case you need any help in getting your Bluemix account ready prior to the start of the workshop.
Following is the typical agenda for the IBM Bluemix Fundamentals Workshop. Certain items in the agenda like the samples demonstrated or the scenarios used for hands on lab may vary from time to time, but the overall structure of the workshop will remain the same for this offering.
- Introduction to Bluemix
- Cloud Delivery Models
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- IBM Bluemix
- Cloud Foundry Architecture
- Developer Ecosystem
- Walkthrough Bluemix UI
- How to use CloudFoundry Command Line
- Building & Deploying a Web based Java Application with Eclipse, Auto Scaling, App Analytics (using Cloud Trader Sample)
- Extend discussion to show the DevOps Continuous Delivery capabilities
- Hands on Lab with Bluemix (one or more of the below)
- Mobile sample lab (Working sample, walk through of services)
- Node Red sample lab (IoT with emulator)
- Hands on Lab with Big Data & Analytics